How to Pace Instruction of SOAR® Curriculum
We often get questions about how to pace the SOAR® Learning & Soft Skills curriculum. Every teacher has a different schedule, but Susan provides some guidelines in this video:
In this video, Brian goes over how to customize the curriculum and manage the pacing by dividing available instruction time across sections of the program.
See our Pacing Guide for more detailed recommendations on how to schedule lessons for a variety of time parameters.
If you’re slim on time, use the student app or workbook as the core content.
If you need more material to fill your time, we recommend:
- Group discussions, guided & independent practice, and 1-1 meetings; more details here.
- Additional Resources, as posted in the Multi-Media Teacher’s Guide.
Educators: Implementation Tools
More information is available on the following pages:
- Planning for Implementation
- Schedule Options
- Scope & Sequence
- CASEL Alignment
- Curriculum Materials Needed
- How to Get Students Engaged
If you have additional questions, please contact us.